TRAVEL AND VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR GHANA
All Conference participants are strongly advised to ensure that they have all the necessary documents before arriving in Ghana.
- All visitors to Ghana must be in possession of a valid passport or legal travel documents. It is required that passport must be valid for at least six (6) months from the date of departure
- Likewise, all visitors entering Ghana must have valid entry visas or, in the case of Commonwealth nationals, entry permits, issued by a Ghana diplomatic mission or consulate abroad or any other visa issuing authority mandated by the Government of Ghana to act on its behalf
- Nationals of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)and those of other countries with which the Government of Ghana has specific bilateral agreements, are exempted. Participants from the following countries are exempted from Visa Requirements: All ECOWAS Countries, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, Kenya, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Singapore, St. Vincent and Grenadines, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
- Holders of Diplomatic, Service or Official Passports from some countries are also exempt. Please check from the Ghana Embassy nearest you.
- All travellers above nine (9) months old coming into or transiting through Ghana are required to have been vaccinated against Yellow Fever, at least, ten (10) days from the proposed date of travel; and where already vaccinated, provide evidence (certificate), indicating the duration of a vaccination status of not more than ten (10) years before entering Ghana. There may be exceptions. Please check with the relevant embassies.
- The Visa grants entry into Ghana within a stipulated time frame. For instance, the Visa may be granted for single or multiple entry, and first-time visitors are not eligible to 1 year entry visa and above. Please note that the period of permitted stay in Ghana will be endorsed by Ghana Immigration at the point of entry
CONDITIONS FOR THE ISSUE OF VISA
- Visitors travelling at the invitation of Ghanaian institutions should provide a letter of invitation from their hosts. The Host Institution, School of Performing Arts (SPA), University of Ghana, will furnish participants with this letter
- Applications for further extension to visitors’ permit must be made to the Controller-General of the Ghana Immigration Service for consideration
- Visa Fees and processes may vary from country to country. Kindly check for the correct information from the Ghana Embassy nearest you
VISA ON ARRIVAL
- Emergency visas may be issued at entry points to travellers who arrive from a country where there is no Ghanaian diplomatic or consular representation, but such applications must be authorised by the Controller-General of the Ghana Immigration Service through their sponsors before they arrive in Ghana. The Host Institution, SPA, will provide this letter on request. Those who require this service should kindly send their information to the conference organisers by 15th April 2023. The requirements are:
- Bio data page of conference participant’s passport and of the passport of the signatory to the application letter
- A fee of US$150.00 or its equivalent in Ghana Cedis at a rate determined by the Ghana Immigration Service
For further information, or personalised and individual service requests, send an email to: IFTRAccra2023@ug.edu.gh