The IFTR Bursaries Round for attending the Accra 2023 annual conference is now open. The deadline for completed applications is 5 December 2022.
IFTR 2023 Accra Bursaries Round Now Open: Deadline 5 December 2022
The IFTR Bursaries Round for attending the Accra Conference 2023 is now open. The deadline for completed applications is 5th December 2022.
To apply for a 2023 bursary to attend the IFTR Conference in Accra, Ghana, you should fill in the following google form:
The googleform requires you to fill in personal details, academic affiliation, details of the referee, with the last part of the googleform requiring you to submit the title and the abstract of paper (length of the abstract: maximum 250 words).
Please note that in order to complete your online application you will have to send the following to the email id- email@example.com:
* Your referee's letter
* and your signed policy statement (to download the policy statement, scroll down to the end of this page)
- Any bursary awarded by the IFTR is for the purposes of fostering and supporting theatre scholars. Applications are open to scholars from all over the globe.
- Successful applicants must become members of IFTR in order to present their papers at the conference.
- Abstract submission is a separate procedure. General Panel organizers, Working Group conveners and New Scholars Organisers will assess abstracts and inform the applicants in due time whether they have been accepted.
- The Bursary Subcommittee is exclusively responsible for the allocation of financial support. It cannot provide acceptance letters for the conference.
- Should you be the winner of the New Scholars or Helsinki Prize, your bursary application will be deemed ineligible. In other words, you will not receive a double award.
- Bursary awardees are expected to attend the full conference and IFTR plenary on the last day. You cannot expect to be paid in full if you have not attended the conference in full
Coronavirus & Cancellation Note:
Currently, we remain hopeful that in the coming months coronavirus will not adversely impact international travel and our in-person conference proposed for Ghana 2023. However, you are strongly advised to take out insurance that includes coronavirus cover for all bookings you make. A Bursary Award can only be made for in-person attendance at the conference. Cancellations for coronavirus-related or other reasons cannot be covered by IFTR. In short, kindly note the need for a comprehensive travel insurance policy.
The bursary committee will inform you of the decision by January 22nd, 2023. For any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
GDPR Compliancy and Data Processing
International Federation for Theatre Research (hereafter IFTR) values your privacy and is fully committed to achieving compliance with the GDPR. Please note that the information stated below only pertains to the data of those users and/or subscribers to IFTR.org, and not the data that is held by Cambridge Journals Online. Here is how we will achieve compliance:
- The purpose of processing your data is to assesses your application for a bursary from IFTR for the IFTR 2023 conference at Accra, Ghana.
- The personal data we collect will be: your first and second names, your institutional affiliation (if any), your gender, your nationality, and the band of your IFTR membership.
- Your data will be processed by IFTR data processors on the Bursary committee and the Secretary General for Communications.
- All data that we store on digital devices is password protected. We use a password that is only known to those who need specific access to the file. The same password cannot (will not) be replicated or be applicable to other files on any digital device. The password is lengthy and complex, and it includes numbers, letters and symbols.
- Data Processors are not entitled to distribute this data to any other third parties whatsoever.
- IFTR members are allowed to request erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) at any time. All data must be deleted from all electronic devices immediately after the data is no longer needed and/or it has expired.
- You have the sole right to lodge a complaint of the processing of your data to a supervisory authority
Under the EU Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights: If your personal data is processed, you have the right to obtain information about the data stored about you (Art. 15 GDPR).
- if inaccurate personal data is processed, you are entitled to a correction (Art. 16 GDPR).
If you have questions or concerns about how IFTR deals with your data and how we comply with the GDPR, please contact the Secretary General, Communications for IFTR:
Dr. Marcus Tan
Secretary General, Communications
International Federation for Theatre Research
National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University Singapore
1 Nanyang Walk