Didaskalia. Gazeta Teatralna. Online Access and CfP
27 May, 2020
We are pleased to bring you the online edition of Didaskalia. Gazeta Teatralna.
As of Issue 155 in February, Didaskalia will only be published online. Our journal will continue to appear two months. Access to all content is free!
In recent issues:
- many texts about theatre in the time of plague,
- text and interview about the work of Árpád Schilling in the perspective of his direct political activities against Viktor Orbán’s manipulations of democracy,
- a series of pieces about Milo Rau’s latest performances at NTGent and his concept of theatre,
- an article which presents Tom Stoppard’s dramaturgy in relation to his biographical experience of changing his identity from Czech to British and being exposed to Central European, Asian and Indian cultures,
- articles about the Volksbühne under the management of Frank Castorf and the role of the theatre manager in Germany,
- an analysis of Artur Żmijewski's film Glimpse from the perspective of peripheral history and culture theory,
- a study of Eleonora Kalkowska, who was one of the most important dramatists of the Weimar Republic in the 1930s,
- a report from the Prague Quadrennial.
We welcome contributions. For more information, visit our new website at www.didaskalia.pl.
We would also like to invite you to participate in a scientific conference Self-Censorship and Censorship: New Approaches: https://didaskalia.pl/en/call-papers