DEADLINE EXTENDED: 'Articulations of Division and Unity: Re-evaluating Practices of Artistic Research'
28 January, 2020 by Bruce Barton | 0 comments
DEADLINE EXTENDED to Feb. 1st: Call for Proposals, 'Articulations of Division and Unity: Re-evaluating Practices of Artistic Research', Canadian Association for Theatre Research, Montreal, May 2020
CALL FOR SEMINAR PARTICIPANTS
Co-Conveners: Natalia Esling (UBC) & Bruce Barton (U of Calgary)
Conference Theme: “Partition/Ensemble”
May 25th-28th, 2020
Université du Québec à Montréal & Concordia University
Structure & Schedule:
· A selection of no more than 12 participants will be invited to attend the seminar in accord with the above noted criteria. We will notify those accepted by February 5th, 2020.
· By March 20th, 2020, all invited participants will be asked to share (electronically) with the full group an 8-page articulation of a personal Artistic Research activity that engages with the above-identified focus. (Additional criteria for these documents will be distributed to all accepted participants.)
· By April 1st, 2020, co-conveners will organize participants into sub-groups.
· Between April 1st and May 1st, sub-groups will be responsible for reading/experiencing each other’s work and meeting (via Skype, Zoom, telephone, or email) to engage in discussion around 2-3 thematic questions (to be proposed).
· By May 1st, each sub-group will submit a 1-2-page summary of their discussion and responses, and outlining key disruptions and intersections generated through their exchange. All seminar participants are asked to read/experience these materials.
· For the first 2 hours of our in-person meeting, each sub-group will present their collective ideas and responses (via traditional summary, creative/performative means and/or through a participatory activity) to inspire deeper, more focused exchange on the topic.
· The final hour of the seminar will take the form of an open discussion between the seminar participants and audience members.
· The entire seminar will be open to all conference attendees.
Please submit proposals (300 words) and a short bio (50 words) to Natalia Esling (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Bruce Barton (email@example.com) no later than Saturday, February 1st, 2020.