CALL FOR ASSOCIATE EDITOR
25 March, 2019
by Gilberto Icle
| 0 comments
Associate Editor to work in a part-time collaborative position with the Journal’s editorial team.
The Brazilian Journal on Presence Studies, an open access, free journal that publishes bilingual articles in the field of Performing Arts, is seeking a native English speaker to serve as an unpaid Associate Editor to work in a part-time collaborative position with the Journal’s editorial team.
The Associate Editor will
● Solicit English language article submissions
● Assign peer reviewers and move articles through the peer review process
● Propose innovative and cutting-edge issue themes
● Recruit English-speaking peer reviewers
● Assist the Editorial Team with English translations and proofreading
The ideal candidate
● Is employed as a professor and/or researcher in a university outside of Brazil
● Is a native English speaker
● Has research expertise in the fields of theatre, dance, and/or performance
● Has a history of publishing in peer-reviewed journals
● Has knowledge of Brazilian Portuguese (not required)
Interested applicants may access the journal at www.seer.ufrgs.br/presenca (Please note that the language of the website may be changed on the right hand side of the page under “Idioma”).
Those who are interested should submit an application to the Editor in Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2019, consisting of a one-page letter of intent and a CV (maximum of 5 pages).